Perform all assigned machining and benching operations, repair production tooling for all departments as requested. Layout and perform required machining operations to conform to given specifications. Required to troubleshoot and make corrections to tools/fixtures in the forging, machining, and finishing departments. Assemble fixtures and tooling as needed. Tool and Die Maker must understand CNC controls and be able to write programs through conversational language or long hand G-Code as needed to complete jobs. Must be able to work to sketches or drawings with minimum supervision. Tool and Die Maker must be knowledgeable in milling, turning, grinding, welding, fabricating, and machining techniques and strategies.
- Support and adhere to all 6S & TPM requirements. Wear the proper personal protective equipment distributed and approved by the company.
- Machine fixtures from drawings provided by supervisors, management, leadmen, or engineering.
- Repair production tooling as needed to original print specifications
- Repair consumable tooling that is used by high production areas
- Maintain tool and die material inventory
- Coordinate repair of tooling with die shop supervisor or lead person.
- Complete restock orders for the tooling crib
- Layout and perform required CNC machine operations.
- Ability to program CNC equipment as need to complete tasks that are noted on assigned drawings
- Required to troubleshoot and solve tooling problems in forge and/or other departments
- Weld and blend dies and tooling as required to return to print dimensions
- Perform other supporting duties as necessary.
- High School diploma and minimum 5 years experience in tool & die and/or education.
- A Journeyman s Tool and Die Makers Accredited Apprenticeship
- Ability to setup and operate conventional milling machines, lathes, surface grinders, hand die grinders and other tool room machinery.
- Understanding the routine maintenance and PM of CNC and other machining equipment in tool room.
- Knowledge and minimum 2 years experience of CNC machines; included but not limited to machining centers, lathes, grinders, drill presses, and welding techniques.
- Know how about Die materials and pre-hard materials used in tool and die manufacturing also experience in machining of these metals
- Ability to use shop mathematics for specifications and formulas.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Read & interpret all types of measuring equipment